Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vacation=Getting it Done

  As the beginning of August approaches, that means one thing for me----VACATION!  This year we are not really taking a vacation, but instead have decided to stay home and try to get the new house put together.  We have already gotten a jump on things around here, and today one of my projects was attempting to get things a bit more organized around the kitchen.  Because we have so many jars around the house, I decided to make use of them with this fun little project.  I started with some of these,

and some of this.

I took the lids off of the jars and painted just the center piece.

I applied one coat of the chalkboard paint we purchased at Lowes, and put the lids out in the sun to dry for about an hour.  After they dried, I applied a second coat and returned them to the sun.  As I was on my mission to organization, Adeline hung out on the kitchen floor on a blanket,

and Leo was outside dismantling the very poorly installed stairs the previous homeowner left behind.

After the lids had dried, I began to fill all of my jars with the things from around the kitchen in need of new homes.


After filling all of the jars I labeled the lids with the chalk I bought at O.S.J.L. for only 20 cents!  I am extremely satisfied with the finished project, and in love with the organization in my kitchen!



  Since getting the kitchen organized was my mission for today, while Adeline was napping this morning before church, Leo and I also installed these, purchased a while back during a trip to Ikea.


On the shelf are some bowls and spoons we will start using tomorrow when Adeline has food for the very first  time!  We have been waiting to change her diet until we got the OK from her Dr. because of the weight gain issue we were having, and we are positive that after tomorrow's appt, a normal diet will resume.  I have already gotten all of the ingredients to begin making her rice cereal and other foods from scratch, and I cannot wait!

1 comment: